Wednesday, April 29, 2009

WW: 100th post!

Wow, I can hardly believe this is my 100th post! I had hoped to put a picture of our new baby, but since he's still hanging on, I'll post a picture of the jungle diaper cake my mom made! isn't it adorable?! Our church gave us a shower; can you believe they give showers for 8th babies? It was such a blessing! We didn't need many clothes, but it was so fun to get a few new outfits. We also received money and were able to buy 2 new car seats, a baby monitor, baby calendar and baby book. We bought a few disposable diapers, but since I'm hoping to cloth diaper, at least the days we're just at home, I saved some of the extra money to invest in diaper covers if I decide I like it. I welcome any advise on cloth diapering :)


5 comments:

jubilee said...

What a great "cake."

Sorry, no advice on the cloth diapering, I was a disposable mom. I do have a lot of friends who did use cloth diapering and loved it.

Veronica said...

That diaper cake is adorable!!! Cloth diapering is great. I've been using Bumgenius diapers on my son since his cord fell off. They are fantastic. I suggest checking out the diaperpin.com

nikki101076 said...

That is cute.I also am going cloth.I was given some diapers but they are for bigger sized babies so I'll have to wait for those.I am sewing my own that could be an option if you sew.If you do I can send you a pattern and I can recommend some fabrics.I can sew my own cloth diaper for about $1-2 a piece.It's pretty easy too.You don't have to be an expert at sewing.Just LMK!

Many blessings,
Nicole

Qtpies7 said...

That is a cute diaper cake!

I use cloth and I have written a few articles on my examiner column on it. I LOVE it and cannot wait to start buying newborn dipes! I am probably going to wait until after the first trimester, though. Maybe after a few months of puking I will believe I am pregnant, lol.

I am going to look into buying the newborn BumGenius diapers. I love BumGenius, but they are a might big on a newborn. When I had Sam I decided that is what I would do different if I had another to cloth diaper, I WOULD spend the money on newborn dipes.

I have almost nothing left for baby. I gave away all the girls and boys clothing. I have a bassinet, some blankets and the toys. But I have friends who have had both boys and girls, so I am not worried about it. I am sad that I will be sick through the summer, because I love to garage sale and I need a swing, lol.

Stephanie said...

Congrats on the 100th post!!

You are the winner of the Lavish and Lime Kid's Rain Hat giveaway at 5 Minutes for Giveaways (Mom).

Please email contests5m4m @ gmail.com your full name and shipping address within the next 5 days to claim your prize. If I have not heard from you within 5 days I will consider you forfeited and draw a new winner. I'd hate for that to happen!

I'll watch for you email.
Stephanie